Monday, January 12, 2015

The Period that Lasts FOREVER

Cycle #4 Post-Mirena

I just got over a 26 day cycle in which I was on my "period" (because there were FIVE days of spotting) for NINE days. That's over 1/3 of my cycle.
This cycle looks as if the same thing will happen. I'm now on day six and Mother Nature is still knocking at my door.

So what do you do when you don't want sex to be a chore? You don't want sex to just be about TTC, but about making love, and being intimate with your partner? What do you do when your annoying Aunt Flo overstays her welcome?

My answer: Ride the crimson tide.


Why wait?
My husband and I have been together for four and a half years. He is the man I lost my virginity to. I remember the first time we accidentally had period sex and I was so incredibly embarrassed.
I think at a certain point, our relationship got to a place where we can basically do anything and feel comfortable.
My husband loves me, literally unconditionally.
I can think of a few reasons why anyone else would leave me. I've done some horrible things, things I am not proud of, and he's stood by me through all of it and still sees me as perfect.

So what's a little mess?
If you're lucky enough to have a computer, you probably also have a washer. 
Aren't those things amazing?
Crank up the heat, and wash the damn sheets.

I've learned in a lot of ways not to judge other people, but for some damn reason I can't stop judging myself.
I'm my own worst enemy.
It takes me longer to be comfortable with something new in myself than for my husband. I envy that in him.


Needless to say, we made love today. Well, until my son started screaming in the next room.
It was less than satisfactory, but hey - you can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment